2020 is the year of “Digital Transformation” for B2B Marketing. B2B Marketing is dramatically changing. In the last decade, B2B buyers and their behaviors have shifted significantly, in part due to the technological advancements that have taken place in this time. The deliverance in B2B businesses is also changing, with Millennials now comprising half of all B2B consumers.
The most thriving B2B Marketers in 2020 will look precisely at the trends in the industry and actually listen to and practice what they are saying. Understanding the trends that are liable to impact the B2B businesses in 2020 can aid marketers better understand where the business currently is, where it wants to be, and how it is going to get there. The utmost thing is to Understand where B2B Marketers are going with their marketing can help you know trends, discover the next big thing and keep ahead of the competition.
THE HOTTEST 2020 B2B MARKETING TRENDS
- 1. Consolidating excessively large MarTech stacks
- 2. Fewer cheap, theme-based websites
- 3. Focus on meaningful data, not vanity metrics
- 4. Less marketing for the sake of “good marketing”
- 5. Smarter, more targeted PPC advertising
- 6. Blurred lines between Marketing and Sales
- 7. Less use of traditional B2C tools
- 8. More quality content being produced
Digital Marketing is an excellent way for driving leads to your website, your site needs to extend the best possible action in order to persuade them to transform. According to the general stats, 52% of users are allocating budget on Website development.
Here are some additional B2B marketing trends with its percentage stats
Personalization – 47%
Account-Based Marketing – 42%
Voice Search – 41%
Video Marketing – 41%
Inbound Marketing – 39%
AI & Automation – 36%
Conversational Marketing – 33%
Influencer Marketing – 27%
Personalization is a big trend for 2020
Staring with the new strategies for B2B Marketing and Sales in 2020, personalization is at the pinnacle. With more people demanding personalized experiences from websites and companies, this doesn’t actually come as a big surprise. It also signifies that while you are doing business with other companies, it is important to remember that you’re still dealing with people.
In such a data-driven world, consumers now expect highly personalized experiences customized to them.
Organizations are already utilizing solutions for automating content tagging, enabling personalization and increasing web visitors at the range to make content engagement. 72% of B2B customers demand a deep knowledge of their needs, reflected through personalized experiences.
60% of B2B marketers are aiming to switch to an ABM model. ABM analyzes the huge bulk of sales and marketing resources approaching a small number of accounts that have the potential to lead to higher ROI, rather than growing investments across a larger set of accounts.
More specifically, ABM benefits include:
- 1. Singular goals across departments.
- 2. Stronger user experiences for targeted decision-makers and stakeholders.
- 3. Higher ROI that’s easier to track.
- 4. Less resource waste.
- 5. Better engagement and relevance.
Introduced by Google in 2011, voice search has improved in speech recognition technology and has dig voice search to the lead of search marketing. Current statistics show that 41% of adults use voice search at least once per day. Projections show that by the year 2020, at least 50% of all online searches will be voice searches.
Emerging Trends in Voice Search
- 1. Smart Speakers Drive Voice Search Adoption
- 2. Voice AI and Machine Learning are Improving
- 3. Global Mobility of Voice Search Devices
- 4. Voice Used for Local and Hyperlocal Search
Optimizing for voice search is not merely one of the latest marketing trends it is a necessity. As voice recognition continues to improve, and usage of voice assistants like Alexa, Cortana, Siri, and Google continues to grow, it will become even more difficult to stay ahead of your competitors.
72% of B2B buyers and researchers watch videos to help them make their buying decisions. And not just a few pieces and clips of video nearly half of them watch at least 30 minutes of content, according to Google research.
Things that a video marketing platform can do:
- 1. Improve hosting, management, and distribution
- 2. Driving engagement, conversation, and optimization
- 3. Measuring results
- 4. Generating leads and enabling sales
- 5. Insights
The basic plan for any Inbound Marketing plan is to bring visitors, which make leads and then customer sales. The ultimate step is for the company to extend delighting its customers so that they support the company, making more potential clients to its doors by word-of-mouth. In an inbound marketing strategy, and understanding of buyer persona is imperative.
Benefits of Inbound Marketing
- 1. Improved ranking for competitive search term
- 2. A reputation for thought leadership
- 3. Higher lead to customer conversion rates
- 4. Larger, more engaged social audiences
- 5. Greater ROI from events
- 6. More collateral and resources for use by sales
- 7. More value from CRM investments and improved usage
AI & Automation
The world of B2B marketing and its expectation is poised to be influenced by Artificial Intelligence. Some of the large enterprise encompasses the idea of full automation of marketing campaigns through smart AI technology, though, measuring the impact of AI-powered robots in various customer service industries, one can declare that understanding customer distinction will not be entirely managed by human resources alone.AI-powered computing system can run towards resolving the problems without requiring codes for programming.
Artificial Intelligence in B2B Market can benefit:
- 1. Predict potential customers
- 2. Discriminate between buyers and visitors
- 3. Identify special trends and choices
- 4. Personalize various online campaigns
- 5. Improved lead generation
- 6. Smart decision making
- 7. Increased efficiency
- 8. Drive more sales and revenue
Conversational Marketing is an intimate, personal way of promoting that stimulates faster sales cycles and better customer experiences by refining marketing through balanced interplays. Conversational Marketing is drawn in a three-part framework: Capture, Qualify and Connect
The three pillars of conversational marketing:
- 1. Social Media
- 2. Interactive Content
- 3. Live Chat
Conversational marketing presents an opportunity for marketers to improve the experience of their prospects and customers, while also seeing a real impact on their bottom lines.
57% of marketers showed that Influencer Marketing would grow fully by blending with marketing activities over the next 3 years. A lot of B2B influencer campaigns emerge from experimentation to a further important, relationship building, joint goal setting, will become the pattern and benefits of integration.
Benefits of Influencer Marketing are:
- 1. Expands your reach and improves brand awareness.
- 2. Gives your SEO boost
- 3. Improves customer engagement.
- 4.Your business gains instant reliability.
Let’s look over the requisite Marketing Objective for 2020
- 1. Converting Leads to Customers
- 2. Increasing Sales Leads
- 3. Increasing Brand Awareness
- 4. Producing Thought Leadership
- 5. Increasing Website Traffic
Preparing for 2020 might seem like a lot of work, but it boils down to the very first level of its trend i.e. AI. What are your plans for the upcoming B2B trends, and how can you make it work for you?